Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Always work as a team member.
* Follow “Clean as you go” work habits.
* Follow the Meat Order Cycle created by the Executive Chef.
* Do any special duties requested by the Executive Chef.
* Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
* Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
* Create working schedule for subordinates.
* Organize meat and fish orders according to the menu. Check on a daily basis.
* Striploin steaks, Rib-Eye steaks, Flank Steaks and Skirt Steaks have to be cut and marinated one week in advance up to specifications.
* Always thaw all meats in the therefore designated meat thawing rooms.
* Cut to portion size as explained in the methods or SOP’s.
* Tenderloin steaks have to be cut and marinated at least two days in advance.
* Keep exact check on size and weight of the required products.
* Make weekly yield tests in close cooperation with the Executive Chef.
* See that all machines, working utensils, freezers and refrigerators are cleaned and in proper working condition.
* Make sure to ask your supervisor for permission first before working overtime or allow subordinates to work overtime.
* Check on a proper thawing production.
* Work closely with storekeepers and provision masters. Keep a very good relationship.
* Check all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately.
* You are entirely in charge of training all subordinates whenever time permits.
* You are held responsible for the butcher shop and the inventory.
* Report frequently to the sous chef deck 1 and ask for help if necessary.
* Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
* Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and U.S. Public Health.
* All prepared food is to be handled with plastic gloves only.
* All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
* Always keep your cabin clean. No food items, hotel utensils, etc. allowed in cabin.
* Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
* Knows computers and can teach subordinates.